Most women would tell you they desire gorgeous, healthy hair. However, attaining the locks of your dreams is not always an easy task. Many of us dye or bleach our hair or brush it improperly, causing dead ends, frizz, and other damage. Chemicals, air pollution, and even genes can keep us from having the hair we desire.
The good news is that you don’t have to live with damaged hair forever. There are ways to repair damage and get the kind of hair you see in shampoo commercials. But first, we’ll go over the signs of healthy hair and damaged hair, as well as what steps you can take to fix common issues.
Signs of Healthy Hair
How do you tell if your hair is healthy? Here are some signs:
- It’s shiny. Dull, dry hair is usually unhealthy, but when there’s some shine to it, it means the natural oils from your scalp are distributed throughout your hair.
- It’s not tangled. When your hair is tangled, and you try to brush it out, you cause more damage. Then you start developing split ends and breakage. Regular hair cuts will help prevent this.
- You lose some hair. If you’re noticing a little hair in your brush, that’s a good sign. Hair goes through growth cycles, and it means new hair is coming in. However, if you’re losing what seems like too much hair, see your doctor.
- Your hair is growing. Speaking of hair growth, your hair should be growing at a rate of at least ¼ inch per month. Slower hair growth could be a sign of a medical condition, such as thyroid problems or a vitamin deficiency.
- It feels smooth. Dry, brittle hair lacks moisture, while smooth hair is properly moisturized and therefore healthy.
Types of Hair Damage
Now that you know the signs of healthy hair, what does unhealthy hair look like?
- Split ends. This is the most common type of hair damage. Split ends occur when the ends of your hair become dry and frayed. This can be caused by excessive styling, heat, friction, and poor diet.
- Mechanical damage. This refers to damage caused by the way you brush or comb your hair. Be gentle to avoid breakage.
- Damage from styling. It’s easy to curl or straighten your hair at home with the right tools, but these tools can also cause your hair to dry out. Treating your hair with protein can help repair the damage.
- Chemical damage. Changing up your hairstyle can be fun, but constantly dyeing, bleaching, or perming your hair can cause it to weaken. You can combat this by getting your hair professionally styled, and cutting split ends regularly.
- Sun damage. Spending too much time in the sun can damage your hair, causing it to become discolored, dry, and rough. You can prevent this by wearing a hat outdoors and using moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, which wash hair without stripping it of moisture.
- Stress damage. Being overly stressed can also cause damage to your hair, partly because too much stress can cause us to neglect our diets and hair care routines. You can keep hair healthy by trimming the ends regularly and using moisturizing products.
How to Repair Hair
The damage is done—now what? If you know why your hair is damaged, you can easily repair it. Here are some tips to get you started.
You’ll start seeing split ends if you wait too long between haircuts. Your best bet is to make an appointment with your hairdresser and get those split ends cut at least every three months. Until then, a hair mask or conditioner treatment can at least hide the damage.
Damage from Dyeing
The best course of action here is to limit dyeing. Dyeing your hair too often can dry out hair, causing it to look dull and rough. Replenish your hair’s moisture with olive oil. You should also use color-safe products on your hair to keep color in place for longer.
Using blow dryers and other tools too often can dry out hair. Add some moisture with coconut oil. You should also avoid the heat altogether and air dry your hair, if possible.
Foods for Healthy Hair
You know now how to tell if your hair is healthy. So how do you keep it that way? Here are some nutrient-rich foods to incorporate into your diet to promote healthy hair growth:
- Sweet potatoes
- Fatty fish
How ELUXE helps you achieve your best hair?
Meet The Team
We’re passionate about helping people look their best and feel their best… all with the least amount of effort possible.When we started developing Eluxe, we set out to create the hair growth shampoo that we wish we could have found. Something safe for all types of hair and all types of people: an all-in-one solution that can give anyone a boost of nutrients and cleansing power to their scalp.We wanted it to be soft but tough. Something that’s easy on skin and has no risk of irritation, but is also devastatingly powerful at scrubbing away gunk and letting hair follicles get to work.
Now that you know the signs of healthy and damaged hair, you can determine your hair type and improve your diet and hair care routine.
1. Scalp Health Is Hair Health—And Eluxe Delivers
Eluxe works by gently nourishing the scalp to prevent hair loss, and naturally creates more volume in your hair while also fighting back against itchy scalp, or damage from the sun, dye or heat.
The power lies in Eluxe’s soft but penetrating microbubbles that are able to cleanse the entire hair, starting all the way at the root.
Grime, sweat, dirt, and dead skin cells are flushed out, giving hair the space it needs to grow thick, strong hair, regardless of your hair type or history.
With regular use of Eluxe, even the most damaged hair literally bounces back to life, energized and revitalized. Voluminous and effortlessly healthy, it won’t long until your hair becomes your best feature… and you’ll love to show it off!
2. Nothing But Organic,Harmless, Nature-Made Ingredients
Eluxe doesn’t contain any parabens, sulfates, synthetic colors or toxins. We’re proud to make Eluxe with nothing but all-natural ingredients and natural essential oils. With deliciously powerful ingredients like avocado oil, rosehip oil, green tea extract, antioxidants, and japonica, Eluxe gets to work after the very first use to empower hair at the deepest levels to be more resilient, thick and full. The powerful cleansing power also comes from the Nobel Prize-winning discovery of fullerene, a powerful way to arrange carbon atoms into a sphere so they work as a lubricant on a microscopic level. This is how Eluxe is able to scrub so deeply without relying on damaging or toxic cleaners.
3. The Secret Ingredient:Your Own Natural Blood Flow
Most people have no idea how important healthy blood circulation is for hair health.Every part of the hair is affected: without healthy oxygen being constantly delivered via the blood, the quality, sheen, and growth rate of the hair all suffer.ELUXE has been shown to nourish the root of the hair at the deepest levels by encouraging blood flow, repairing damage that could have been ongoing for years.But it’s not just about circulation, it’s nutrient delivery, too.ELUXE helps the entire ecosystem of hormones and vitamins stay stimulated in the scalp, which maximizes hair growth speed and grants hair a more youthful, resilient appearance and feel.