Have you forgotten to give enough attention to your hair amidst your busy schedules last year? Or, are you extremely confused about what the right hair care routine should be among so many options? Well, 2023 is a brand new start for you, and you’ve landed on the right page.
The best way to keep your hair healthy and beautiful is through a hair care routine. This guide will help you create a daily hair care routine to give your hair the love and attention it deserves.
Before you jump in the shower, there are a few basics you’ll need to understand to create a routine that will really work for you. Most important are your hair type and your hair needs. Knowing this allows you to customize your hair regimen and make it as unique as you are.
Your hair type is made up of two main components: texture and diameter (thickness).
Your hair will fall within the range of one of the main textures:
(Follow our instagram account: @eluxe_haircare to learn more tips about healthy hair)
Hair diameter is not how thick your hair appears on your head because of how many hairs you have (that’s hair density), but rather how thick just one strand of hair is. It can be thin, medium, or thick.
To figure out your hair’s density, take a single strand in your hand. You shouldn’t be able to feel thin hair at all, whereas thick hair will have heft even as a single strand.
What concerns you the most about your hair? What are you constantly fighting? Common concerns include:
- A flaky scalp
- Frizzy hair that won’t stay down
- Thinning hair
You might have multiple hair concerns, but try to narrow it down to the biggest issue or two. As those hair needs get resolved, you can update your hair routine to tackle the next concerns.
Create Your Hair Care Routine
Now that you’ve identified your hair type and greatest needs, you can start creating a plan to take care of your hair.
Hair Washing: Choosing the Right Shampoo and Conditioner
Washing your hair is the foundation of any good hair care routine. Washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner will keep your scalp and follicles healthy and your shafts strong and soft. How you wash, what you wash with, and how often you wash will be determined by your hair’s type and needs.
As a rule, try to steer clear of products that contain parabens and sulfates. They can be harmful and are sometimes linked to carcinogens. After that, your goal is to choose products that address your hair needs.
How Often Should I Wash?
Hair washing frequency can be a delicate balance. Wash too often, and you can dry out your scalp. Wash too little, and your pores can get clogged, which can inhibit hair growth You can try out this guide to figure out how often to wash, but remember that your personal hair needs might require additional adjustments.
If your hair is:
- Thick or very greasy
- Wash twice a day with ELUXE shampoo & conditioner.
- Straight, thin, or tends to get greasy
- Wash every other day with ELUXE Hair Growth Combo.
- Not prone to greasiness (straight, wavy, or curly)
- Wash every 3-4 days with ELUXE shampoo & conditioner.
- On off days, you can use a moisturizing cream on the ends to prevent dryness.
- Curly or textured
- Wash 1-2 times per week with ELUXE shampoo & conditioner.
- If your hair is fragile or prone to dryness, you can use shampoo less frequently.
- On off days, use moisturizing oils or leave-in conditioners on the ends to keep hair soft and hydrated.
Additional Tips for Perfect Hair
There’s a lot to be said about hair care. It’s a broad topic. In addition to all the advice throughout this post, we’ve put together our 14 favorite tips to help you put together the best possible hair care routine.
Encouraging Hair Growth
- Vitamin E is excellent for your hair. In one study, participants with hair loss saw a 34.5% increase in hair growth after taking vitamin E for eight months.
- Taking vitamin A helps your hair grow and stay healthy.
- There are many ways to improve hair growth: taking vitamins, improving your nutrition, and using specially formulated shampoos to unclog the pores and revitalize your scalp.
- Caring for your scalp will result in healthier hair. Wash your scalp thoroughly with shampoo to unclog pores and remove dead cells.
- Get frequent trims to remove split ends and keep the shafts strong.
Combatting Hair Loss
- If you struggle with hair shedding, there could be multiple causes: lack of sleep, vitamin or nutrition deficiency, too much stress, genetics, or even just a hairstyle that pulls too tight. Examine your situation and make changes accordingly to stop hair shedding.
- Don’t wear your hair too tight, as this can lead to hair loss.
- Smoking is dangerous for all parts of your body, even your hair. It can lead to premature grays and hair loss.
Protecting Your Hair
- When out in the sun, protect your scalp from prolonged direct exposure by wearing a hat or sunscreen.
- Using a leave-in conditioner can help keep your hair from drying out on days you don’t wash.
- When you wash your hair, use cool or warm water, but not hot water. Hot water can dry out your scalp and, if it’s really hot, cause damage.
- If you have curly hair and you blow-dry your hair, use a diffuser to keep from messing up your curls (or causing tangles).
- Using too much shampoo can dry out your scalp. Start with a quarter-sized amount, then add more if needed.
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid shampoos and conditioners with artificial fragrances as these can cause irritation.
Protect Your Hair & Scalp with Eluxe
Adding Eluxe products to your hair care routine can help a lot. Eluxe works by nurturing your scalp and encouraging natural, healthy hair growth. It’s organic and never tested on animals. Try it today!